Thursday, November 06, 2008
Resilient Confinement
Of all the times that my period’s suppose to happen after days of being late, it has to happen on the night of my departure to Manila. It’s really pissing me off but what can I do? I’ve been incarcerated with this “disease” for 32 years and yet I still haven’t accepted the fact that it will always be part of my humiliation. I was on sick leave the whole day and I had taken 2 capsules of pain reliever. I thought I’m all set for the night. Before we went to the airport, I took another one capsule. And then as soon as I’m done checking in, the pain strikes again. Hitting me rock bottom. Giving not just me but habiga a complete full experience of mortification. I was too weak to walk or stand. We tried to walk faster so we can reach the McDonalds downstairs right away but I guess I pushed my luck too far. Things around me were slowly disappearing from sight and then I guess I passed out for a few seconds. Good thing no one’s around that time. No one will care anyway. I’m so blessed to have habiga who took care of me and for being strong enough to carry my heavy bag and my weight. I wouldn’t know what I would do if I was alone. Just the thought gives me shiver down my spine. There was a huge possibility of me missing my flight. Just few minutes before my boarding time, habiga was able to force me to take in some food and take another pill for the pain. I thought there’s no way I would be able to pass the immigration without a wheelchair. Habiga pleaded to the guard if he could just go with me inside or anyone who could assist. God bless the heart of that man for not letting us in =) or pitying me with my situation. I guess that’s what made me gathered enough strength to go in somehow after hearing habiga’s voice so desperately asking for a favor from that heartless man. I did made it ‘till the plane touchdown the Centennial Terminal 2 airport. Thank you Lord! Thank you for giving me an angel like habiga to be with me at that time. And thank you so much for I didn’t missed my flight. Inspite of that experience, I’m still thankful for I was able to see the smile of my family again who always bring a thud to my heart.